Sunday, July 27, 2008

London Is Calling!


 All right so I have not Blogged in a million years. Needless to say I look fantastic for being that old. I am writing you all from my holiday from Jolly Old England. I am here for a three and a half week study abroad. I live in a flat in South Kensington which is an ultra chic part of town. Lets be honest would anyone with my kind of celebrity status stay in any other kind of place? I think not. I have now been here for one week. I am going to recap the week for the sake of catching all my "readers" aka my mom who only reads it when I show her how to work the computer..... we love you any ways blessed. So any way let us begin.
   Week 1- After traveling for 24 hours I finally arrived in Heathrow airport and on to the Picadilly line tube. Great Britain is already so much fun with their thrilling words like Picadilly and Cockfosters! So after a quite enjoyable journey I arrived in South Kensington and now had no idea where my flat is. Turns out British people are not at all snotty, rude, and boring....well not rude at least, a man told me where I needed to go and I found it quickly. Note to all the American ladies out there, British men love our dazzling straight and might I add white smiles use this to your advantage as often as possible! That day after exploring my room and the rest of the flat which of course is at the top of one hundred(it feels like) stairs we toured around London on foot. It seems that I have waked more this past week then in my whole 22 years. This week I have seen many things that I never thought were possible for how little of time we have been here. These included- The play Pygamilion, which is a non singing version of My Fair Lady for all you non readers out there, a trip to the British Museum to see the Mummies, the new musical Marguerite, which had brief nudity for all you liberals out there! the best version of Twelfth Night that I think has ever been performed, a rousing game of silent football in Regence Park, A tour of The Tower of London where Ann Boleyn lost her head, seeing the play the Chalk Garden, bartering in Camden Market, a very funny performance of the 39 Steps, and a tour of the National Gallery where many paintings of ugly babies, and naked ladies are sure to be! 
  Well as you can see if you have not been to London you need to Mind the Gap and get here pronto! 
 

No comments: