Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Am A Poet & Don't Even Know It...


Ok So when I was younger I used to write poetry all the time. I actually got published in school newspapers and all that junk. I got some awards as well. I know I usually am all about the funny blog but the other day while on an airplane I just started writing and this is what came out on the paper in about ten minutes so I thought I would post it and see if I could still win junior high contests. Consider yourselves judges (even though nobody reads my blog) so have at it.....


Lines

Going through life living, learning who am I?

Loving knowing only hurt can happen in the end.

Taking moments and making them into memories

And taking the memories that hurt and willing them to become simple moments again.

Losing the ones you love and realizing life takes no prisoners,

All things good or bad will end.

Taking the person you thought you were and morph from the pain once more

Changes from the outside are masking the sorrow felt from within

People come and go, yet certain ones come and stay

They touch your soul and rattle all logic you once thought you had

Asking, what do I want from this crazy life?

Reaching out for something to hold,

Yet secretly wishing your fingers find nothing but air.

Picking yourself up from the ashes,

Seeing someone in the mirror that you don't recognize.

The face stares back,

And though different is fresh, new and full of experiences good and bad.

Another wrinkle on your face that the world I have lived and felt life.

Lines that say I have had dreams,

Dreams that I have reached and dreams that found me.

A face that shows the steps the feet traveled,

Marks of moments and memories,

Lines that say who I am.


Thanks for reading don't worry I am not going to go crazy and off myself like legit poets tend to do.

No comments: