Yes I am aware that it is now February and this post should have been out to the public in January, it looks like my resolution to not procrastinate this year is already out the window. Which I think is a good thing because nobody can keep all there resolutions. So failing this one just paves the way for my resolution to get back to my birth weight is looking like a possibility this year. So anyway I would now like to take this blog and tip my hat to the best and worst of 2008.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull*
* I am aware it wasn't that great, what can I say I'm not only a fair weather fan.
* I saw this in London, the best Sunday there for sure
Horton Hears a Who
Beverly Hills Chihuahua*
* I know it isn't Oscar worthy but when you have a Chihuahua it touches you
Forgetting Sarah Marshall*
* Are those sad tissues? Or happy tissues?
Sex and the City
Nights in Rodanthe
Marley & Me*
* Warning- I cried so hard that I lost a contact in my tears
I do have to say that it wasn't a great year for movies, I hope 2009 brings some better choices. At least the movies that I did like were for the most part light hearted and enjoyable.
I Am Legend*
* I really wanted to like both of these, yet after two showings all I want is 12 hrs of life back
* Romantic comedies are supposed to be funny and romantic right?
The Other Bolyen Girl*
* I still own this because I love the book and Eric Bana of course
Jessica Simpson as a country artist
Golden Girls re-runs
It's Me of the Dog
The Amazing Race
What Not to Wear
Little Britain USA
London- This seriously was the best experience of my life, London I miss you.
* Walking alone by the river
* Eating crepes at my favorite crepe restaurant
* The Tube
* Stratford and the bed and breakfast
* Ghost tours with Richard III
* The Fringe Festival
* The Imperial War museum
* Big Ben at night
* Holland Park
* The theatre
* Paying 15 pounds for Mamma Mia
* Minding the Gap
Horse shows with Simon
Winning big in Las Vegas
* The zoo
* The zoo
Well here is to the end of a great year. I would like to dedicate this blog to Estelle Getty the wonderful Golden Girl Sophia whom we lost in 2008.